TALLADEGA COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) -- Lincoln Police have cleared a head-on collision involving an 18-wheeler and a van, according to ALEA.
The crash occurred on Highway 77 at exit 168 in the Talladega County area, and a person injured in the collision has been flown to UAB to receive medical treatment.
Southbound lanes at that junction were closed as they work to clear both vehicles, and one lane of northbound traffic was closed to accommodate traffic coming from the south.
The wreck was cleared as of about 4:15 p.m., and all lanes were reopened.
- FBI received tip on Florida suspect but did not investigate
- Special counsel's office charges 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities
- FBI: Mom of kidnapped girl apparently was tied up in home
- 17 lives lost too soon mourned after Florida school shooting
- In many US states, 18 is old enough to buy a semiautomatic
It's something many people take for granted, until it's needed in an emergency situation: 911.Read More »
The Sipsey Town Council has voted to terminate the police chief.Read More »
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) -- After a violent start to 2018, Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin announced a new initiative to battle crime in the city.Read More »
An Anniston man is charged with murder in the death of his wife, hit and killed by a freight train.Read More »