ALABAMA (WIAT) -- Starting soon, if you buy from Amazon, you'll have to start paying Alabama sales tax on what you get. Amazon has now joined in on Alabama's Simplified Use Tax Remittance Program.
That means you'll now have to pay 8% sales tax on what you buy from Amazon. It may not be great news for you, but it's good news for the state.
Most of the tax money will go to the general fund and the rest will go to various cities and counties.
- FBI received tip on Florida suspect but did not investigate
- Special counsel's office charges 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities
- FBI: Mom of kidnapped girl apparently was tied up in home
- 17 lives lost too soon mourned after Florida school shooting
- In many US states, 18 is old enough to buy a semiautomatic
CULLMAN, ALA (WIAT)- A State Trooper in Cullman is honored by State Representative Corey Harbison Friday. Harbison signed a resolution commending State Trooper G.W. Parker for his heroic actions in saving a life. Last January on Highway 278 Donny Robertson was on his motorcycle and hit by another driver. He had a severed leg. The resolution said Parker used a tourniquet to Robertson's leg and said his life.Read More »
It's something many people take for granted, until it's needed in an emergency situation: 911.Read More »