KHON web staff - (KHON) -- If you've been a longtime customer of Netflix, your bill may be going up starting in May.
According to Business Insider, approximately 17 million customers were grandfathered in 2014 at a price of $7.99 per month for a subscription. This is 37 percent of U.S. subscribers.
But the company is increasing their rate to $9.99, which is what customers after 2014 have been paying. The $9.99 price is for the Standard HD content.
Research by JP Morgan found that about 80 percent of the customers that will be seeing the price increase didn't know it was happening.
When Netflix changed the pricing in 2014, the company said current members were able to keep their $7.99 price for two years, and that two years has expired.22
Below is Netflix's pricing as of April 8, 2016:
- FBI received tip on Florida suspect but did not investigate
- Special counsel's office charges 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities
- FBI: Mom of kidnapped girl apparently was tied up in home
- 17 lives lost too soon mourned after Florida school shooting
- In many US states, 18 is old enough to buy a semiautomatic
Adam Rippon is all the rage on social media from his trendy eyebrows to his amazing talent, and of course his love for Reese Witherspoon.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Two men are charged with kidnapping after abducting two others from a motel on Saturday.Read More »
ENSLEY, ALA. (WIAT)- It's been a community that has seen it's fair share of violence with several homicides alone in the last couple weeks, Ensley. A group is trying to make a difference as they hit the streets with a prayer walk Saturday. The event put on by the group Prayer Force United.Read More »
CULLMAN, ALA (WIAT)- A State Trooper in Cullman was honored by State Representative Corey Harbison Friday. Harbison signed a resolution commending State Trooper G.W. Parker for his heroic actions in saving a life. Last January on Highway 278 Donny Robertson was on his motorcycle and hit by another driver. He had a severed leg. The resolution said Parker used a tourniquet on Robertson's leg and saved his life.Read More »