NAUVOO, ALA. (WIAT)- The Walker County Sheriff's office is investigating a death. Walker County Sheriff Jim Underwood said a powerline fell on the motor home of James Spencer Friday morning on the 7000-block of Nauvoo Road. Sheriff Underwood said it appears Spencer was electrocuted. He was transported to a local Jasper hospital and pronounced dead.
The motor home caught fire. Sheriff Underwood said a tree may have fallen and broke the power line. There was another person living in the home. he was not hurt.
Around the time of the incident several neighbors told CBS 42 they lost power to their homes.
"We lost power about 5 to 6 o'clock this morning when we were getting up to get the girls ready for school and we lost power it did not connect and tried calling the power company trying to figure out what's going on," said nieghbor Cole Stricklin.
Neighbors tell CBS 42 the power was restored about 11 o'clock Friday morning.
- President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks
- Preventive treatment for peanut allergies succeeds in study
- Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- Ohio school on lockdown after student shoots himself
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A Tuscaloosa man has been taken into custody, and investigators have reportedly been able to close multiple cases after arresting him, according to a release from Tuscaloosa Police.Read More »
Lawmakers in Montgomery will soon be considering a bill that would put guns in the hands of teachers.Read More »
ATLANTA, Ga. (WIAT) -- As the flu continues to overcrowd hospitals across the country, CBS 42 is traveling to Atlanta for a look at one facility's unique approach to patient care.Read More »
President Donald Trump says he's signed a memo directing the Justice Department to propose regulations to "ban all devices" like bump stocks used in last year's Las Vegas massacre.Read More »
ABC Polymer Industries, LLC. has been cited by OSHA after an employee suffered fatal injuries while working at their plant in Helena, according to a release from the U.S. Department of Labor.Read More »