WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) -- UPDATE: Warren was discovered around 2 p.m. on Saturday in a pond about 1.5 miles away from his home, according to the Winston County Sheriff's Department.
The cause of death was drowning.
ORIGINAL: An 83-year-old man is missing from Winston County, the Sheriff's office said Tuesday.
Authorities say Mitchell Warren went missing from the Grayson area of Winston County on Sunday afternoon.
Warren reportedly suffers from dementia.
Authorities ask that anyone with information on his location contact the Winston County Sheriff's Office at 205-489-2115.
Copyright 2015 WIAT 42 News
- New ‘text bomb' bug causes Apple devices to crash
- 2 bears burned in California wildfire spotted in the wild
- Mother serves jail time after baptizing daughter without permission of girl's father
- Police: Child, 3 adults shot outside Texas restaurant
- Florida school security guard pretends to shoot at students
HOKES BLUFF, Ala. (WIAT) -- A mother who says her son was accused of threatening Hokes Bluff High School believes the allegations are false.Read More »
A familiar sight is returning to a popular restaurant in the Avondale community. The angel wings mural is coming back to Melt over on 4th Avenue South. The mural was vandalized back in January when it was splattered with white paint. Three other murals were also vandalized in areas around Birmingham at the same time.Read More »
In a little more than three months, voters will head to the polls to narrow down the field of candidates for Alabama's next governor. There are nine candidates now vying for the job.Read More »
There's a new Facebook page to help find Ajah Blackledge, the 18-year-old that has been missing for three weeks as of Monday. I talked to her grandfather on Monday who says his family is desperate for answers.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
HOOVER, Ala (WIAT) -- Local city members are not calling this an emergency, but a priority.Read More »